Christi McGowan joined Sift Discovery in 2018 as Director of Operations. She takes the lead in managing all aspects of the organization’s operations to meet established objectives for growth and profitability.
From 2015-2018, Ms. McGowan was the Director of Operations of eDiscovery Litigation Specialists, Inc.
From 2003-2015, Ms. McGowan was employed with Bienert, Miller & Katzman, PLC as a paralegal experienced in both criminal and civil practice, including all types of fraud, money laundering, contract disputes, medical and legal malpractice and wrongful termination. As a Trial Assistant for several high-profile trials, Ms. McGowan’s courtroom efforts have contributed to acquittals, hung juries, multi-million dollar civil verdicts. As Litigation Support Manager, Ms. McGowan was responsible for the analysis, planning and execution of cost effective and proficient case management for litigation matters. Ms. McGowan utilized her extensive knowledge of law related technology to assist legal staff throughout every aspect of case investigation and litigation. She was responsible for managing automated litigation support systems and databases, including processing e-discovery, designing, implementing and maintaining litigation databases as well as providing database and document management training to other paralegals, support staff and end users.
Ms. McGowan joined the Adjunct Faculty at University California San Diego in 2014 to teach Litigation Support and Computers for the Legal Professional. In addition, Ms. McGowan helped develop the Litigation Technology Support Certificate program, the first of its kind at a UC school. Ms. McGowan also sits on the board for the program.
In October 2015, Ms. McGowan began serving a four-year term serving as an Executive Committee Member for the California Lawyers Association, Law Practice Management Technology Section. Beginning October 2018, Ms. McGowan began serving as the Law Practice Management Chair.
- Speaker: CalBar/OCBA 2018 Tech Conference – E-Discovery Competency & Ethical Duties
- Speaker: CalBar Annual Conference, Oct 1, 2016 – What Litigators Must Know about E-discovery
- Speaker: CAPA Conference, San Diego, June 2014
- Speaker: 25th Annual CAPA Conference, Los Angeles, June 22, 2013
- Orange County Paralegal Association
- Women in eDiscovery
- San Diego Paralegal Association
- Association of Certified E-Discovery Specialists
- American Association for Paralegal Education
- Women in eDiscovery, Vice Chair
- California Lawyers Association, Law Practice Management Section, Chair
- Committee Chair, Pack 1253 – Boy Scouts of Orange County
- Orange County Paralegal Association, Former Criminal Section Chair
- Apps for the Lawyer On-the Go – San Diego Lawyer – April 2018
- Overcoming Difficulties Inherent in Paralegal Technology Education, The Paralegal Educator – Fall/Winter 2015/2016
- PACER Apps for iPhone and iPad, OC Bar, April 2015
- Effectively Managing Discovery, Facts & Findings, November/December 2014